Sunday, May 13, 2007

How they changed and how they were better.

The title is rather vague but it's about music artists/bands that change dramatically from their debut songs and early albums,it's astonishingly annoying because they change according to what sells best,they become sellouts that don't make music for the love of it,instead,they make it for self-monetary benefit,playing music that their A&R reps and record companies want to sell and distribute to a massive crowd of airheads that wont appreciate music and the lyrical content in it but listen to it because it sounds like a catchy jingle or whatever...

I'm going to closely reference to Avril Lavigne's new album,The Best Damn Thing,I liked her first album and her sophomore album was even better and then this hideous parody of all that is normal comes up,it'n not that i hate it wholly,it's just the song"girlfriend" made me want to kill myself(several times) and keep holding on was quite good and not all of her songs on her debut album Let Go were depressing or sad,some of them were rather optimistic,but NO,she had to drastically change everything we(that is,the multitude of sane listeners) liked.By the way,she's married,isn't she?What do you think she's doing writing a song called "Girlfriend" whose chorus goes,and i quote "Hey, hey, you, you I don't like your girlfriend No way, no way I think you need a new one Hey, hey, you, you I could be your girlfriend Hey, hey, you, you I know that you like me No way, no way No, it's not a secret Hey, hey, you, you I want to be your girlfriend"....now that's just plain wrong,isn't it?

She says it was her first record without an A&R rep co-writing,her songs contradict her about not being a sellout and her new song "Girlfriend" further betrays her true-to-self image.She is a sellout pop "princess" now,just when you thought there was a real songwriter/music artiste there,"Girlfriend" explodes onto your screen like a hideous pink bomb,the paris hilton meets tori amos thing isn't really working.Someone tell her that.

Now,onto people from bands that dont get along anymore,reulting in the bands being broken up.Last week I found out Evanescence(which is among my favourite bands of all time) had broken up..Amy Lee denies this and says the band will continue to make music and go on tour,she also says that her ex-bandmates were ready to "move" on.The same day(on a mere technicality,since it was after midnight),I found out that Seether's(another one of my favourites) lead guitarist had left the band.

So...this month has pretty much been bad for music altogether.
Pretty much.

No comments: